Open House Safety Tips
Posted by Dean Anderson in REALTOR Safety Tuesday, 14 October 2014 08:25
Open houses can be a great sales tool—but hosting one also exposes you to numerous unfamiliar people for the first time. Take these steps to stay safe:
1. If possible, always try to have at least one other person working with you at the open house.
2. Check your cell phone’s strength and signal prior to the open house. Have emergency numbers programmed on speed dial.
3. Upon entering a house for the first time, check all rooms and determine several “escape” routes. Make sure all deadbolt locks are unlocked to facilitate a faster escape.
4. Make sure that if you were to escape by the back door, you could escape from the backyard. Frequently, high fences surround yards that contain swimming pools or hot tubs.
5. Have all open house visitors sign in. Ask for full name, address, phone number and e-mail.
6. When showing the house, always walk behind the prospect. Direct them; don’t lead them. Say, for example, “The kitchen is on your left,” and gesture for them to go ahead of you.
7. Avoid attics, basements, and getting trapped in small rooms.
8. Notify someone in your office, your answering service, a friend or a relative that you will be calling in every hour on the hour. And if you don’t call, they are to call you.
9. Inform a neighbor that you will be showing the house and ask if he or she would keep an eye and ear open for anything out of the ordinary.
10. Don’t assume that everyone has left the premises at the end of an open house. Check all of the rooms and the backyard prior to locking the doors. Be prepared to defend yourself, if necessary.
(Sources: Washington Real Estate Safety Council; City of Mesa, Arizona; Nevada County Board of REALTORS; Georgia Real Estate Commission).
Visit NAR’s REALTOR® Safety Web site at www.REALTOR.org/Safety
This article is part of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®’ REALTOR® Safety Resources Kit.
YPN’s 5th Annual Mini Golf Tournament raises $4,700 for the PCAR Foundation!
Posted by jmorales in Uncategorized Monday, 6 October 2014 12:10
Despite the random down pour that happened the morning of this years mini golf tournament; the rain stopped and the sky cleared just in time for YPN’s 5th Annual Mini Golf Tournament. Thank you to everyone who supported and participated in this years event. Click here to see the Golf Tournament Pictures.
YPN’s 5th Annual Mini Golf Tournament is September 25th!
Posted by jmorales in Uncategorized Monday, 18 August 2014 14:32
YPN’s 5th Annual Mini Golf Tournament is right around the corner on Thursday, September 25th. Get your foursomes in TODAY! Hole sponsorship’s are also available. Click on the flyer for full details.